Now more than ever it’s so important to be supporting small businesses! My sister Krista is the queen of sourcing beautiful small shop gems, and we have compiled a gift guide together of her current favourite finds.
Shop Small Gift Guide Sources:
1. Salt n Stone – Beautiful agate cell phone grips, made on Vancouver island.
2. Farmhouse Frocks – I love that this shop is a family run business. Their clothing runs in all sizes and the best part is they partner with local Amish women to create & sew all their clothing!
3. Sole Addiction – This is a local business here in Grande Prairie, Alberta! We are so lucky that we have such a great boutique shoe store local to us, however they have an amazing website and ship within North America!
4. From Tree to Sea – Lauren lives in Calgary, Alberta and makes the most beautiful clay goods! Follow along with Lauren to be notified of her next product release date, her pieces sell very quickly.
5. Celeste Clark – Celeste creates the most beautiful floral inspired art! She released this specific one in April and Krista has been swooning over it ever since!
6. Fable Kids Handmade – From a young age Krista has always loved herself a stuffed animal. The obsession started with TY beanie Babies and has (thankfully) escalated into a much more sophisticated taste.
Shopping small … how do you find the best small businesses to shop from?
Krista: I find most of these businesses through Instagram Influencers, or friends on social media that may share a product in their photo that stands out. Then I just fall down a rabbit hole of trying to find where they got it. One cute find always leads to another! It should be noted that I have always been a connoisseur of pretty things hah, so I am always on the hunt!
Tips for Shopping Small Businesses –
When it comes to shopping small businesses there are a few tips to keep in mind. When you follow the links that we have included don’t be discouraged when the item shows “sold out”. Often items are not mass produced and will sell out quickly. Many of these companies sell their pieces on specific release days, and can sell out sometimes within minutes. Make sure you are following along with them on social media to be notified of their next release date and set your alarm!
Pin it for later
We hope you enjoyed this small business gift guide! We plan on creating more shopping guides showcasing small businesses and products we love in the future