A delicous and comforting soup made from the simplest ingrendients, taught to me by my mennonite Grandma. This recipe is sure to become a family favourite. It’s best served alongside warm biscuits slathered with butter!
- 3 cups of cubed potatoes
- 3 cups of farmer sausage
- 1 small white onion
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2–3 bay leaves
- Dumpling Recipe:
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 milk
- To make the soup, put your cubed potatoes, diced onion and farmer sausage cut into bit size piece into a large pot and cover with water.
- Add in your bay leaves, salt and pepper and bring to a boil on the stove.
- Let simmer for 1/2 hr to 45 min.
- Next add all your dumpling ingredients into a bowl and stir well.
- Plop tablespoon size portions into the simmering soup and let cook for 10 min.
- The dumplings will rise to the top and cover the surface of the soup.
- Remove bay leaves and serve!